The purpose of the MTC is to:
- Foster the exchange of knowledge on issues related to trauma recovery and trauma informed care and practices
- Promote and support a community of practice within Manitoba for service providers with an interest in trauma recovery and trauma informed care and practices
- Promote trauma informed care and practices
- Promote professional and program development within collaborative
- Mobilize efforts to enhance access to trauma recovery services in Manitoba
- Advocate and lobby political officials to further enhance public policy and resources for trauma informed and trauma specific services across Manitoba
- Support efforts that promote mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and relational health, wellness and resiliency.
- Strengthen the knowledge and understanding of trauma and trauma informed practices among policy makers, senior managers, supervisors, and staff within health and human services
- Encourage and strengthen collaboration among human services
- Influence and promoting future research in trauma
- Support the efforts of the Manitoba Trauma Information and Education Centre (MTIEC), a program of Klinic Community Health Centre, to facilitate knowledge exchange, transfer and translation.
- Advocate for and pursue funding opportunities in support of the Collaboratives vision and mission.
© 2022 Manitoba Trauma Informed Education & Resource Centre | Created by Klinic |