What is Trauma Informed?
A trauma informed system:
- Realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands the potential paths for healing;
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in staff, clients, and others involved with the system
- Responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, practices and settings.
Trauma Informed Care provides:
- The foundation for a basic understanding of the psychological, neurological, biological, social and spiritual impact that trauma and violence have on the individuals we serve.
- Incorporates proven practices into current operations to deliver services that acknowledge the role that violence and victimization play in the lives of most of the people entering our systems.
© 2021 Manitoba Trauma Informed Education & Resource Centre | Created by Klinic |